Tuesday 22 October 2013

Sitting in the Big Seat (Spring Crown Tourney, 2002)

Eirik Andersen

I didn't do a whole lot at Crown Tourney. It was my first event after about a month long break from SCA events, and I was eager to get there!
I traveled to Kitchener-Waterloo the night before the event with Evander and Melusine and we stayed at Ariana and Don's home there. Made for a short trip Saturday morning.
On my arrival I was surprised that one of Ardchreag's past members, Megan of Ardchreag had attended. I spent most of the morning and early afternoon reminiscing with her about old times and filling her in on who is who, that sort of thing. She brought some photos for the Ardchreag 10th Anniversary
book that Colyne is working on, which I have scanned.
The rest of the day, I took care of business that I had with the Baron and Baroness and Their Majesties regarding stickers and I caught up with other people I had not seen in a while. It was nice to be back. Crown Tourney seemed a little small people wise, look like 200 or so people attended. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the Tournament that day, so you will have to rely on others thoughts.
I left the event just as feast was starting with a number of people including Siegfried and Vlad. We journeyed a short while to a buffet restaurant known as the Stone Crock, which was excellent by my standards and expectations. Many of us left from the restaurant directly home, myself included.

All in all, I enjoyed my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment